3 Large white potatoes – baked
2 Egg yolks
180g Pasta flour
Handful of any soft fresh herbs (such as parsley, oregano or coriander)
1. Place the white potatoes on top of a bed of rock salt and bake in the oven at approximately 180 degrees for 1.5 hours until soft on the inside and crispy on the outside.
2. Cut the baked potatoes in half. Remove the potato flesh and pass it through a fine sieve
3. Add a pinch of salt, flour, herbs and egg yolks. Mix well with your hands until it forms dough. You have to do this while the potato is warm to avoid a lumpy mixture.
4. Once the dough is cooled, cut it into four and then on a floured surface, roll out each piece into a sausage shape.
5. Cut your gnocchi into the desired shape approximately 2cm long.
6. Bring a large pot of water with salt and olive oil to the boil. Drop gnocchi into the water, once it raises to the top it is ready to come out.
7. Place the gnocchi on a kitchen towel to absorb access moisture, then sauté with bacon lardons until crispy.
Pickled baby onions
250g baby onions peeled
1 garlic clove
200ml white wine vinegar
1- Place all the ingredients in a pot and bring to the boil.
2- Allow to simmer until the onions are soft.
3- Store in a tight container in the fridge for up to 2 months
Makes 1 litre
A pinch of salt
1 kg frozen peas
1 handful of spinach
Juice of 2 limes
1- Bring a pot of water to the boil and add a pinch of salt.
2- Once rapidly boiling add the peas and cover. Boil for one minute.
3- Remove the peas from the boiling water and refresh in ice water.
4- Put the peas back into the water and cook for 3 minutes.
5- Now remove the peas from the water and put into a blender.
6- Puree the peas with a pinch of salt, the spinach and lime juice.
7- Once smooth remove from the jug, check seasoning and serve with the gnocchi.